Making your own Holy Water

Holy Water Recipe
by Silver Ravenwolf 

Ingredients:
1 tsp. of rose water
3 tbsp. sea salt or Kosher salt
1 small bowl of spring water*
1 clean glass container
1 new compact mirror
1 small storage glass bottle** 

*Note: You can buy the bottled water as long as you know that it’s really spring water. But it’s best if you get the water from a running stream or other “live” body of water that you know the water is clean.
**Note: The bottle should be either green or blue in order to keep its magick. 

Before the Rite:
Cleanse and sterilize the bowl and the glass container with boiling water. 

Time:
Midnight during a Full Moon phase. 

Place:
Out of doors under the moon, or near a window that will reflect the light of the moon. 

Procedure:
Ground and centre. Cast your magick circle. Hold your arms outstretched in the Goddess position (arms out at the sides like you’re cradling the Universe, palms up). Say:
In the cloak of the midnight hour
I call upon the Ancient Power
I seek the presence of the Lady and Lord
To bless this water that I will pour. 

At this point, you should feel the energy of Earth Mother and Skyfather move abut your feet and head. Feel your own energy expand around your navel and then unite with Divinity. Take your time; no need to rush.
Add the rose water to the spring water. Pick the bowl of water, hold it toward the light of the Moon, and say:
In my hands I hold the essence of the Goddess.
I hereby cleanse and consecrate this water to Divinity
that it may be used for positive acts only
and may aid me in my magickal works.

Feel the energy of the Moon Goddess pulsate down into the water. Imagine her silver light descending from the heavens and impregnating both the water and yourself. You will feel a “glowy” sensation. Set the water down and pick up the salt. Feel the power moving in your arms as you raise the salt toward the moon. Say:
In my hands I hold the essence of Earth Mother,
She whose bounty sustains all living creatures.
I hereby consecrate this salt to Divinity
that it may be used for positive acts only
and may aid me in my magickal work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment