Bring the beauty that is Fall into your home with this dramatic centerpiece. You can place this on your dining room table for holiday entertaining, or on a side table or mantle for a decorative accent.
- 2 pkgs. Blonde Wheat
- 1 pkg. Transparent Oak Leaves
- 1 pkg. Fall Eucalyptus
- 2 Chenille Stems, each cut in half (or use wire covered with floral tape)
- 4 Gourd Picks
- 2, 6" strands of ivy garland
- 3 Gifts From The EarthTM Apples
- 1 pkg. Dried Salal (lemon leaves)
- Glue Gun
- Separate wheat into two groups. Hold one group under wheat heads. Secure cluster with chenille stem to create a binding point. Repeat for other group.
- Overlap the heads of the two wheat sheaf groupings. Use chenille stem to bind stems between wheat heads. (Remainder of wheat stems extends beyond other grouping's heads.)
- Cut apart oak and salal leaves, creating clusters. Position atop and beneath the wheat sheaf. Place stems of the leaves into the binding points to secure. Glue if necessary.
- Split eucalyptus in half. Place each group into a binding point, facing in the same direction as the wheat. Glue if necessary to secure.
- Add salal in the same fashion.
- Glue fruit to the wheat, leaves, and eucalyptus bundle. Apply glue directly to fruit and to stems of picks before inserting into centerpiece.
- Add ivy bunches to top. Glue in place.
- When clustering wheat heads, be sure to twist chenille gently so wheat is not cut by the binding.
Copyright 2000 Alexandra Bleicher