Strengthen Your Pyschic Shield

The night before the Full Moon, find a place where your altar will not be disturbed for 24 hours. Put the cauldron in the center with a red candle on the right side, black candle on the left, and white candle in the back; but do not light them yet. 

Sprinkle a mixture of equal parts of elder blossoms, marjoram, mint and rue in an unbroken circle around the cauldron. Into a tiny vial, measure equal drops of oils of clove, frankincense, jasmine and lavender. Set the sealed bottle in the cauldron and leave until the night of the Full Moon. 

On Full Moon night, take a cleansing bath and robe yourself in white. Carry a good protective and/or purification incense through every room in the house. Make certain that the smoke drifts into closets. Return to the altar and light the candles. 

Take up the dagger or sword. Face the East and raise the sword in salute. To salute in this manner, simply hold the sword point upward in front of you. Say: 

"By the power of the rising Sun, all evil in my life is done." Turn to the South, salute, say: "By the power of the noonday blast, all control is mine at last." Turn to the West, salute, say: "By the power of darkening night, my shield is strong, my armour tight." Turn to the North, salute, say: "By Full Moon in blackened sky, I am not alone; my help is nigh. The Goddess' hands around me stay to keep me safe by night and day. Be gone, foul spirits, unbidden here! I send you back; I do not fear For I have won, I am set free. You have no power over me!" 

Face the altar and take up the vial of oil. Put a drop of oil on your finger and anoint your forehead, heart, solar plexus, wrists and ankles. As you do this, visualize a shining blue suit of armour slowly descending over your body until you are entirely protected. Cap the bottle and store in a safe place. 
Thank the Powers for their help and extinguish the candles. Apply the oil and repeat the chants whenever you feel the armour is slipping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment